As the year closes, people start preparing for the holidays. Often, this includes buying and wrapping gifts, scheduling get-togethers with family and friends, and preparing the meals that will be served during Christmas dinner. Decorations are also a huge part of this season, with garlands, Christmas lights, and ornaments adorning every establishment.
Most people do all of these regardless of the circumstances. That is why you have no reason not to get in the holiday spirit! If people who just moved into their new homes – individuals who recently bought a Fort condo for sale, for instance – take time to furnish their unit with lovely holiday baubles, then you shouldn’t make excuses when it comes to decorating.
Your decorations don’t have to be grand – simple adornments will do. If you are thinking of decorating your home but don’t know where to start, why not begin by creating these Christmas-scented candles? They’re fragrant and charming!
Hot Cocoa Candle
Hot cocoa is one of the most prominent drinks during the holidays. Create a candle inspired by this warm and sweet beverage! Just gather the following materials:
- Standard zinc core wicks
- Soy wax
- Scented oil (butter cream scent)
- Vegetable shortening
- Mason jars or holiday-themed mugs
Once you have the necessary items, it’s time to create the candles. Here are the directions:
- Measure one cup of vegetable shortening. Then, add brown and black crayons to create a rich chocolate color. Using a microwave safe container, melt the mixture and mix them well.
- Afterwards, pour in the essential oil in the mixture.
- Then, prepare your candle wick and glue it to the bottom of your container. After that, carefully pour your candle base inside the vessel. Put the container inside your refrigerator until the base becomes solid.
- Next, create the frosting; melt some soy wax in a double boiler or through the microwave. Thaw it enough that portions of the wax will start to liquefy.
- Lastly, pour the wax on top of your candle to make it look like whipped cream. Then, add colorful sprinkles to make your candle look more festive!
Layered Scent Candle
Do you want a candle that is not just pleasing to the eyes but fragrant as well? Then, you should definitely make a layered scent candle! First, collect the following materials:
- Essential oils (vanilla, balsam fir, cinnamon, clove, and sweet orange)
- Small heat-proof jars
- Crayons in assorted colours
- Soy wax flakes
After gathering the mentioned items, start creating your candle. Here’s how:
- The first thing you need to do is decide how many layers you are going to create for your candles. Only then can you start evenly dividing the wax.
- Divide the wax in several batches before melting them.
- Next, take the crayons and remove the paper covering them. Break them into little pieces and melt them as well.
- Stir the melted wax and pour about 5-10 drops of your desired essential oil. Remember that the oil you use on each color will determine the scent of that particular layer.
- Take one of the jars and use a small amount of melted wax to attach the wick to its bottom. Pick the other end of the wick and wrap it around a stick placed upon the jar’s mouth to keep it in place.
- Pour the first layer of wax into the jar. Then, place the jar in your refrigerator to let the layer solidify.
- Afterwards, pour another layer and – once again – let it cool before adding a new level of wax.
- After the last layer has been added, let the jar sit overnight or for several hours. Trim the wicks in the morning and top them with lids if you prefer.
Tea-infused Scented Candle
Layered scent candle is a cute and colorful holiday ornament that will surprise you with a new scent every time a layer melts. However, they are not for everyone. In some instances, the changing scents can be overwhelming. If you prefer one scent only, try creating this tea-infused scented candle which is sure to provide a calm and relaxing ambiance in your room.
Here are the materials that you need:
- Coconut oil or olive oil
- Small non-stick pan
- Metal base
- Cotton cord
- Enamel mugs
- Soy wax
- Extract flavours (orange and rose water)
- Tea (Ginger tea and peppermint and nettle tea)
Once you have collected the materials, start creating the candle. Follow these steps:
- Heat a non-stick pan and pour 100ml of oil on it. Place your tea bags in the oil until they slowly break open. Keep putting tea bags on the oil until it starts to smells amazing. Then, add a cap full of the extract flavors in.
- Melt two mugs of wax in a pan until it liquefies. Add in flavored oils and mix the solution well.
- Create a wick for the candle by dipping a cotton cord into the wax. Leave it to cool for a while before stringing it through the hole at the center of the metal base. Don’t forget to shut the hole before putting the wick in the mug.
- Dip the metal base into the wax and place it at the bottom of your mug. Hold your wick up using a long peg to keep it in place.
- Add the rest of the wax into the mug and leave it to cool in your refrigerator.
Display your finished products proudly around your condo unit. They will surely make the holidays more festive in your place!